Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

11/25/08 - 21w6d

Rod and I had a good weekend in Dallas visiting friends and family. I saw a childhood friend who just had a baby. Her six week old son is the cutest thing. And she gave me some swaddling blankets. Then I saw my best girl friend and she brought me lots of baby boy clothes. My middle sister gave me a ton of baby stuff too. Bottles, double breast pump, pack and play bassinet, Boppy, Baby Einstein activity play pad and clothes galore. I am so grateful for all of this and it will save us so much money. Thank you!

My middle sister loves to cook and she does a great job of entertaining with food. We normally have a non-traditional Thanksgiving feast like steak and bacon wrapped shrimp. But this year, she made her first turkey and it was really good. She used rosemary, butter and ginger to flavor the turkey and then wrapped it in cheese cloth. That's the secret to moist turkey while giving it a crunchy skin. We also had bacon wrapped asparagus, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, salad, mixed veggies and stuffing. I have never had Brussels sprouts before but I am thinking it needs to be bacon wrapped before I ever eat it again. (I am all about making things yummier by wrapping it in bacon but this is too much) I did pretty well on my diabetic diet, even though I ate 2 carb exchanges of mashed potatoes.

This is the first time my family has seen me since becoming pregnant. I think everyone was happy for me and Indy. Even my father, whom I do not have a relationship, hugged me and told me he loved me. My sister says he loves his grandbaby and he acted like that so he can steal my boys and sell them on the black market. He's definitley not baby sitting.

My younger sister is a photographer and she took some pregnancy/belly pictures. There was a wardrobe malfunction and my perky business was showing so she is going to try to photoshop those photos. But here is a belly shot.

1 comments:

Floriae said...

oh my god, that turbaconducken is a heart attack on a plate.

thanks for visiting!

I will wrap brussel sprouts in bacon for you next year!