Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Yin Yang babies

12/02/08 - 22w6d

yin yang


Rod went with me to the maternal/fetal medicine visit and saw his very first ultrasound today. I was excited for him to finally see the babies, see how big they are and how much they squirm. The usual pics were taken of the head, limbs, organs and blood flow. Their heartbeats are both 141 bpm. Everything is looking normal and on track. Both babies were showing their stuff and they are definitely boys.

Baby A, also known as Thor, is still head down and on the right. Baby B, aka Loki, turned and is currently breech on the left. Thor is the larger more active baby at 1 pound 5 ounces and Loki is 1 pound 1 ounce. They are both kicking each other and sitting on the other's head. Not even out of the womb and they are already fighting. Rod says he's going to have his hands full with these two. Thor's head is pressing way down on my cervix and is apparently the reason I have to go to the bathroom every half hour.

The sonographer noticed that I was having contractions. She said that it was normal especially with twins but that I need to be aware of preterm labor symptoms. I am at a higher risk because of:

• Are pregnant with twins or higher order multiples

• Are younger than 17 or older than 35

• Are short

• Have diabetes

The babies are starting to weigh heavy on my innards and I am very glad I got my cervix stitched up to hold them in. They need to bake a bit longer. My regular OB said I should probably prepare my leave about 5 weeks in from my due date. Which puts it at the end of February at the earliest. Yikes! That's not very far off is it?

22 week pictures

0 comments: