Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Recalls

I was grocery shopping at Kroger and found flotation devices for the kids on clearance at 50% off. There was a small inflatable pool with a sun shade and a wave rider float. I thought it would be good for next year and they were each under ten dollars. I got to the check out and was informed the wave riders were recalled.

I get home and I see an email from Babies R Us about the recall on AQUA-LEISURE INDUSTRIES flotation devices. The reason for the recall is "the leg straps in the seat of the float can tear, causing children to unexpectedly fail into or under the water, posing a risk of drowning." Yikes!

I am glad that we have the kind of technology available where tracking and information can be immediately dispatched to places to let folks know about such issues. The clerk rang up the wave rider and the system told him of the recall.

Even though the Aqua Leisure Sun Smart Baby Hideaway Pool has not been recalled, I am debating whether or not to keep it. I am sure it will be fine for us to use with the boys next year but you really do have to watch what you buy. Everything is a potential safety hazard.

I get emails from Babies R Us and the CPSC regarding recalls. These are great resources to ensure your family and children's safety.

0 comments: