Monday, May 10, 2010

Make it so Number 1

As if I couldn't possibly be any busier, I was nominated for position of VP of Programs in my Moms of Multiples group at our meeting tonight. When I was first approached about it, i was very hesitant. Having twin toddlers is a lot of work. A-L-O-T. Between working full time and commuting during the week, I take care of them, errands and chores on the weekend, I get no sleep. That is one reason I don't post as much anymore. I have to prioritize sleep or updating the blog.

I mentioned it to Rod after last month's meeting and after voicing my concerns about being tired and not having time to get anything done, he gave me a knowing smile. "You know you want it" his eyes were saying. Of course I didn't want it. I don't know the first thing about being a VP of anything. Except maybe VP of griping and complaining. And definitely the VP of loving my boys to pieces. But Programs? Where I have to come up with topics to bring to the meetings? Where all the eyes of moms with twins, triplets and beyond will look to me to keep them informed and entertained for the hour and a half long meeting?? Besides, there was some sort of behind the scenes drama on the board, and it looked like we would be without a President this next year. I have drama at work and sometimes at home, do I really need drama in a club that I pay dues? Heck no. That is too much stress and too too much pressure, I can't do it.

Well, I will dood it. It's funny. I had been researching topics and kept them in the back of my mind. When no one else approached me about it, I thought, they changed their mind. But tonight, I was nominated. And it's the kind of nomination that states, "you will be in the position, no ifs, ands or buts." I am actually very excited about this. Along with my very good friends who will also be in the board, I think we will bring fresh ideas to make the club even better.

So as the First VP of Programs, I am the William Riker to the President's Jean-Luc Picard.
Engage...

0 comments: