Saturday, October 30, 2010

Shutterfly Like a G6

The end of October seems to mark the start of the holiday season for most people. I wanted to avoid the rush that we experienced last year trying to get family pictures made and cards sent out. This year, I will plan, I will be prepared and I will not wait until December 23rd to mail out my Christmas cards.

I have been using Shutterfly off and on for a few years. Recently, I have been creating more photo books as a way to preserve special events and everyday life. The most recent book I made was to document our year with Tang, our au pair. I have also made a book for the twins' first year. My plan is to create hardback books as a year in review of Sam and Dean's lives.
I prefer making these photo books because it takes very little effort and I save so much time over traditional scrap booking. Being a mom of toddler twin boys, time is a luxury I do not have.

I am going to send photo cards this year. The hardest part has been deciding what card style to choose. I am a huge fan of plaids and this card just jumped at me. A brown card doesn't normally scream Christmas but the green and red plaid accents give it a festive feel. Using a black and white photo will also make it pop.




My second card choice is a multi picture card. I take so many pictures throughout the year, it can be even more difficult trying to decide on just one picture to use. With this format, I can select several pictures showcasing the kids throughout the year, similar to the year in review books I make. Friends and family would much rather look at their cute faces anyway.




Newsletters are popular to update on the happenings of their families. I sent my first family newsletter in 2009 to provide an update to our twin pregnancy. I love the idea of the "What a Year!" card because I can include a short message letting people know what we have been up to this year. We may not have done much this year but we have been extremely busy. With this card, I don't have to spend hours coming up with stuff to fill a whole letter. And with the simple title and white background, I can use color photos and they will really stand out.




If you have not decided what to do this year by way of holiday cards, check out Shutterfly's holiday card collection. To give you more options, they even have Spanish language cards and Christmas birth announcements. Once you find your holiday card, you can get matching address labels and coordinating gift tags. It will be your one stop shop for stationery.

Shutterfly has frequent specials as well. Shutterfly is offering 20% off all holiday cards. Other current specials are free shipping on orders of $30 or more (code: SHIP 30 ends Nov 3), up to 50% off Photo Books and 20% off address labels. If you are a new sign up, you get 50 free 4x6 prints.

So how can you Shutterfly like a G6?

1. Sign up for an account
2. Upload your pictures
3. Select your card or photo card
4. Add picture(s)
5. Proof the project
6. Checkout and then sit back and relax with a mug of hot chocolate.

Easy peasy !

You can find out how to get 50 free holiday cards for yourself.

FTC Compliant Review Policy - I was supplied the product featured in this review free of charge for testing and/or review. The opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.

0 comments: