Tuesday, July 2, 2013

40 things about Thao

I have the best sister in law. She is such a loving person and comes up with the perfect gift for birthdays. Even if she takes you seriously when you tell her not to worry about making a carrot cake even though you love carrot cake and it is your favorite kind of cake and she makes the absolute best carrot cake ever. But no matter.

She presented me with his awesome present. It is the "Forty Things About Thao" bowl.


She meticulously rolled each note with a $1 bill and tied with a tiny little ribbon.

I opened up one the night of my karaoke party. Rather than open them all at once, I decided to open one every day before I left for work. Would make for a positive start to my day.  It worked for 11 days until I was hard up for some dollar bills.


I love this idea and it makes a terrific gift for birthdays and graduation.  What a wonderful feeling to know that someone loves me just that much to write out 40 little notes (even though one of them is totally not true), roll them into 40 tiny little packets and tie even tinier ribbons around them.  

So without further ado, Rhonda's 39 things she loves about me! (In my old age, I misplaced the 40th thing. Sorry)

Me & you are like peas and carrots
You make beautiful children
Your laugh is contagious
You aren't afraid to tell it like it is. To anyone. Ever.
You participate in March of Dimes. You donate your time to great causes.
Remember when you decided not to get a tattoo? Best day ever!
Do or do not. There is no try
I wish you a wonderful 2013
I hope that 2013 brings you lots of love.
A princess does not stuff her gob!
May the 40th be with you.
You are a person I would have chosen as a friend if Rod had not chosen you first.
You are in the best family ever. Congrats!
I can't wait for the next 40 years of friendship with you.
You are very creative and crafty.
You are such a hard worker with your 75 jobs!
You have a wicked sense of humor - like me.
I love that you are helping Rod with his retirement.
You have made life richer and fuller in so many ways. Thank you
You have excellent dental health
For a woman of your stature you are surprisingly strong.
I'm so happy that my brother found a wife that embraces his dorkiness. LARP!!
You are such a loving mother to Sam & Dean.
You are the best kind of sarcastic. Like me.
I hope 2013 brings you lots of laughter.
I hope 2013 brings you lots of money.
You have a beautiful smile.
Thank you for my sweet nephew Dean.
Thank you for my funny nephew Sam.
You are brilliant.
Thinking of 40 things is hard, but I love you.
You aren't romantic, but you have a warm heart.
It cracks me up when you speak with a Scottish accent.
You are the wind beneath my wings.
I love sharing inside jokes with you.
I love when you quote movies with me. Raaa...Raw? Raaa...Rare?
May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
You have so much enthusiasm!
You are four feet of total woman.

And that is why I love my sister in law. Not one piece of paper mentioned chopsticks or my driving.

0 comments: