Thursday, July 18, 2013

Turning the Page

Much has changed for me in the last 24 hours. In actuality I go through changes daily. But moodiness aside, I recently finished a chapter.

It took me a long time to find me. You hear about people searching for something to make their life meaningful, to find their purpose, to find themselves. I admit to having been on these "mission trips" a few times in my life. But in recent years, I haven't bothered searching my soul for any purpose. What happened you might ask? My children happened. My boys are my purpose. They have been the catalyst for so many good things in my life. Of course my hubs played a huge role bringing my children to life. He would be the activator or accelerator in this equation but it is Sam and Dean who pushed me in the direction I needed to go.

I heard two heartbeats.
I joined a moms of multiples group.
I met many amazing moms of multiples.
I have made lasting friendships.
I served on the board for a couple of years.
I helped with countless fundraisers.
I planned events and socials.
I helped KAPOM reach top 10 in March of Dimes family teams for 2 years.
I got board member of the year.
I got member of the year.



I have given a lot and I have gotten so much from being part of this club. I hope that I have left a lasting impression on the people I have met because they have in turn touched me.

As much as I hate leaving this "family," there are times when you have to know when to close that chapter and move on to the next one.

Mal (Firefly): You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle. Like woman, I am a mystery.


My Member of the Year bracelet.

0 comments: