Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Free Day

07/08/08

Today is the free day. No injections, no sexual relations and nothing to eat after midnight. Oh, and I have to do a Fleet enema. That's not a free day in my book but it has to be done before my egg retrieval tomorrow morning. I have never had one before so when I read the instructions, I thought there was no way this stuff was going to work.

Fleet Enema is a saline laxative enema and is supposed to pull water from the body into the bowel, which helps to soften the stool and cause a bowel movement. So how can it work that quickly?

How to use a Fleet Enema:

  • Remove the protective shield from the enema tip before inserting.
  • With steady pressure, gently insert the enema tip into the rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with the tip pointing toward the navel. Insertion may be easier if you bear down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
  • Do not force the enema tip into the rectum. This can cause injury.
  • Squeeze the bottle until nearly all the liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely. It contains more liquid than needed.
  • Remove the tip from the rectum and maintain the position until the urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).

Oh how wrong I was. I only made it to 3 and a half minutes and thar she blows.

I won't say this will become one of my regular hygiene habits but I can see using this when I want to clean out my system. I even bought to 2 pack so Rod could try one. He profusely refused muttering something about exit only...

0 comments: