Thursday, July 15, 2010

Starting my term

My moms of multiples group had the board installation dinner on Monday. It is when KAPOM gives thanks to the outgoing board members and welcome the new board members. Our new President was very ill so was not able to make it to the dinner. Being the 1st VP, I assume the duties of the President.

The outgoing President gave out awards and made her speech then asked me to say a little something on behalf of our new President and new board members. Still being hoarse, I managed to say that we were all very excited about the coming year, that with all of the collective brainpower of our members and board, we will be able to grow the club and bring fresh ideas to the table. I also expressed my own personal appreciation for being a part of such a great group of women who I have come to call my friends. Having moved to Houston years ago, it had been very difficult for me to make new and lasting friendships and after joining the club, I have made many close friendships.

I have found a new hobby and outlet. For the last year and a half I have been a quiet member of KAPOM. But ever since I was nominated for the VP of Programs position, I have come out of me mommy shell. I feel good about the things I have already brought to the club such as the Frugal Finds and Couponing forums I started. Some members have expressed their appreciation for the hours I put into bringing local deals and frugal events to the forum. I also have plans to get a database of medical doctors and child care facilities that include member reviews and recommendations. I know this would be an incredible resource for our members. I love being in KAPOM and am so excited about my term as VP of Programs. After spending the last 2 months actively finding speakers and thinking of meeting ideas, I already have my year planned except for April 2011. Once I have that scheduled, I will finally be able to sit back and breathe a sigh of relief.

This is an article about KAPOM. Check out the last photo in the slideshow.
KAPOM

0 comments: