Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bryton Teeth Memoirs

I try to take good care of my teeth. I try, I don't always succeed. I have had 2 root canals and countless fillings. I brush my teeth and floss. I really need to use mouth wash to get in the areas that flossing and brushing can't get to. I have yet to find a mouthwash that does not make me gag. (would love recommendations) I had braces for 4 years and after I got them off, I didn't want to wear a retainer so my teeth shifted. I have gaps and I have tight spots. Flossing becomes a challenge to make sure I get all the crud out.

As far as flossing, I have used the traditional floss that you cut with the handy cutting device and the little floss picks. Those are handy on the go but most of the time, they end up at the bottom of my purse stuck to lots of lint. Or the sharp end pokes me right under the nail whenever I reach in to find something at the bottom of my purse, like the floss pick.

I had the opportunity to try the BrytonPick, a little flossing device that is reusable for up to a month. It is shaped like a boomerang with flossers at both ends. It is made from recyclable materials and comes with a credit card size sleeve. You tear or cut the top portion of the package and the bottom is used to carry and protect the BrytonPick. Every once in a while if I didn't put the pick in at the right angle, it would get caught on the edges of the package and would take some bending of the pick to get it out. Luckily, the ends are sturdy and bendy so no damage was done to the pick. I think I will find another type of container to keep my BrytonPick in.



I was very doubtful that the pick would be able to get in between the tight spots but I gently worked the pick in between my teeth and I was able to slide the BrytonPick back and forth. Unlike floss string, there was no shredding of the pick. Even after a month of flossing with it, the pick kept its shape. It really is a quick solution to cleaning your teeth. In the time it would take for me to find a piece of paper to get something out from between my teeth, I can reach into my bag, remove the pick and remove the offending food particle. I worried about funkiness when keeping something like this in a semi closed package. As long as you rinse the pick after each use, there won't be old food particles stuck to the pick.

You can see that this fits in between teeth just like floss.



I am going to try this on the boys. They have the majority of their baby teeth and the pediatric dentist recommended we start flossing them to get them used to the idea. I secretly scoffed at the thought of trying to get a pick in their mouth to clean between their teeth. I might pull back stubs if the boys were not too thrilled with me rooting around in their mouth. However, the BrytonPick might be easier to use on toddler teeth and a traditional pick.

You can purchase the BrytonPick online at Drugstore.com (20% first order for new customers), CVS.com and BrytonPick.com. Right now CVS.com has the 3 pack for $2.99, with free standard shipping if you purchase $49 or more. That's a dollar a pick for one month!

As far as cost savings, that really depends on the frequency with which you floss. A 3 pack will last you 3 months at a cost of $4.99 regular price. If you go through one package of floss a month, that can run you anywhere from $9-$12. I really liked BrytonPick's ease of use. If you hate the chore of flossing, the BrytonPick might the the device that will help you become a more frequent flosser.

FTC Compliant Review Policy: I was supplied the product featured in this review to test and provide feedback. The opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary or product compensation.

0 comments: