Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Boys Are Back

I ordered The Boys Are Back on Netflix because I thought it would be a nice movie to watch with Rod. However, I did not realize that Clive Owen's character's wife dies of cancer. Watching the part where he took care of his wife and helped her with her oxygen hit a spot in my heart. if I had known this about the movie, I would not have gotten it so soon after my father-in-law passed away from cancer.

On top of that, I cried at all the parts where his wife was talking to him about helping his son cope with her death. I am crying now just thinking about not being able to ever hold my boys or kiss them or tell them how much I love them. I know that Rod would always tell them how much I love them and I know he would take great care of them.

This was a long and sad movie for me but I liked it. Who knows, I just might come back and tell Rod he can finally get the motocycle with the sidecar for the boys.

0 comments: